1954 Sunday school started by St. Luke's Lutheran Church-Reno in the American Legion Hall on 'C' Street, Sparks, NV.
1955 Darwood Kesselmayer ordained and installed as OSLC’s first pastor on September 18th.
1956 Incorporation on March 28, 1956. Five acre building site purchased for $9,000.00.
1962-1964 Sunday School enrollments grew to 269 children, with 18 teachers and 10 substitutes. Sunday morning live radio broadcast began.
1970 Dedication of the modernized church building, parish hall and office on June 7th.
1975 Vietnamese refugee family of nine arrived under the sponsorship of OSLC .
1978 Sale of 3.2 acres of church property to the City of Sparks for $79,000.00.
1979 Pastor Stanley Abraham installed on September 9th.
1982 A trash can fire lit by an arsonist on December 8th caused substantial damage to the sanctuary.
1990 Pastor Gary Mohr arrived to serve as vicar and establish missions in Fernley and Spanish Springs.
1996 Pastor Ron Arnold installed on September 15.
1998 Shared Harvest established with three other Lutheran churches to provide food and hygiene items to low income families each month.
2001 Celebrated 45th anniversary with a special dinner.
2006 Family Learning Center established in March to provide ESL classes, computer based learning and one-on-one tutoring in math and English.
2008-9 Revitalization process began through the help of the CNH-LCMS District. Policy-based governance established.
2010 Pastor Jonathan Oetting ordained and installed on August 8. Capacity of the Food Pantry outreach to the community was increased.
2011 "Transformation for Mission" revitalization process completed with a celebration on September 18.
2012 A Small Groups program began in October.
2016 60th anniversary celebration held on September 17th.